It's REALLY hard to restrain yourself from using, or selling, a freshly painted piece of furniture 😬 (yep...this is what I look like when I'm in conflict with my lack of patience). Cure time is KEY to assure your paint reaches maximum durability.
How long do you generally wait before handling a piece?
- Paint “DRY” happens when the solvents evaporate from your paint coating leaving the paint feeling dry to the touch even though it is not 100% dry.
- Paint “CURE” happens when your paint coating has reached its maximum hardness and is completely 100% dry.
There are several factors to consider, but here are some general guidelines:
- Water Based/Latex Paint ~ Dry Time 1-2 hours – Cure Time 21-30 days
- Oil Based Paint ~ Dry Time 6-8 hours – Cure Time 3-7 days
- Chalk Brand Paints ~ Dry Time 30-60 minutes – Cure time 30 days
- Milk Paint ~ Dry Time 30 minutes – Cure time 30 days
Porch Nook's chalky finish paint Dry Time is 30-60 minutes - Cure Time is 28 days.